Committee composed of: President – Protopresbyter-stavrofor Dušan Gnjatić,
Secretary: Protonamesnik Vladimir Vranić,
Members: Protopresbyter-stavrofor Ljubomir Rajić, Protopresbyter-stavrofor Obrad Filipović, Protopresbyter Mališa Milovanović, Presbyter Marko Radmanović, Presbyter Siniša Milutinović, as well as Mr. Zoran Marković
on the agenda had a Resolution from the 37th Annual Assembly of the Canadian Diocese in Mississauga and proposes the following Resolution:
1.Gathered under the vaults of the All Serbian Saints Serbian Orthodox Cathedral in Mississauga, we, the clergy, presidents and delegates of all the church parishes across the God-preserved Canadian Diocese,as well as executives and members of diocesan regional bodies, gathered at the 37th Assembly of the Canadian Diocese, and paternallyled by our Hierarch, His Grace Bishop of Canada Dr. Mitrophan, on February 22 and 23, 2019, we send sincere filial greetings to His Holiness Serbian Patriarch Irinej and all the bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
- Representing the fullness of the Church of Christ in these regions, we appeal to all believers with a call to be aware of their designation, and that everything we do we should do with the words of Apostle Paul in mind, that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we are paid for dearly (1 Cor. 6: 19-20).
- In a year of great joy when we mark 8 centuries of the independence of our local Church, we are proud in the name of Saint Sava remaining faithful to his way even on this continent. On this occasion, we invite all the faithful people of our Diocese to take part in the central celebration that will be held this year in autumn. At the same time, we also rememberprayerfully the tragic moments from our recent past: twenty years since the bombing of our homeland and the tragedies, out of which again new Serbian Martyrs emerged, including an innocent child, Milica Rakić.
- Again and again, with the deep feeling of Christian love, today we greet our Serbs, Serb women and Serbian children on crucified Kosovo and Metohija, together with clergy and monasticism. They, while disagreeing with human injustice, and trusting in God’s justice, persist in their homes around their churches and monasteries. They bear witness to us that living in Kosovo and Metohija is a great undertaking because they live in constant fear. We are united in support of our holy Patriarch, Synod and Hierarchical Assembly, with the view that Kosovo and Metohija is our Jerusalem, and never, under any circumstances, cannot and should not be voluntarily given. We are especiallyhappy to have the opportunity to welcome here with us His Grace Mr. Teodosijethe Bishop of Raska and Prizren and Archimandrite Ilarion, the Iguman of Draganac Monastery. We are grateful for the blessings they bring us from suffering Kosovo and Metohija, establishing bridges of love between the Motherland and the Diaspora, giving us the opportunity to incorporate ourselves as well with our prayers and contributions, in the Holy SerbianLand of suffering Kosovo and Metohija.
5.We continue to provide support to our people in Republika Srpska, Montenegro and Croatia in their efforts to defend their names and Serbian identity, those sacred values for which many have laid down their lives. We pray to God that the suffering people of Serbia will have the strength to overcome these difficult temptations.
- We condemn the politically motivated initiative of the Member of Parliament for Windsor West Brian Masse, who is trying to criminalize the denial of the alleged genocide in Srebrenica. We invite all Serbian people in Canada to oppose this initiative by signing a petition, which aims at the demonization of the Serbian people.
- From this place, we greet the authorities of the government of Canada, led by Prime Minister Mr. Justin Trudeau. We believe that we live in one of the best socially organized societies in the world; a society that respects diversity.
8.We take this opportunity to express our gratitude to the hosts for the hospitality that they have shown us.
- We are grateful to the Creator and the Almighty for all the good things bestowed onus in the past year of His mercy, praying to Him to give us strength in this year alsoto witness Him at every step, and not to be ashamed of His name. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God (1 Cor. 3:19). It is ours to believe, to pray and to hope, and so with every humility and meekness, with longsuffering, submitting to one another in love, we are to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph.4: 2-3).
In Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
February 22, 2019.